- This picture was taken by me on the Ferris Wheel at the Santa Monica Pier on August 5th.
- Theme: Summer
- This picture says summer because of the bright sun, bright colors, and the fact that it was taken on a beach. One of my favorite places to go during the summer is the Santa Monica Pier because it isn’t expensive and there is so much to do. The bright colors of Amber’s romper, the Ferris Wheel, and the sky are the epitome of summer and radiate warmth and fun.
- Photo found online at JuneauEmpire.com
- Theme: Summer!!
- When I found out the theme was summer for this week’s photo observation, I immediately thought of the cliche beach view – sublime, serene, and the carrot at the end of the stick of a long semester. Just looking at this picture I can feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, smell the beautiful Yankee Candle smell of sand and salt, and hear the calming whoosh of the waves. However, if the sun is not hanging in just the right way in the sky, it could ruin an well-intentioned beach day. The lighting in this picture encapsulates a truly ideal summer day – the sun highlights and accentuates the bright, pure colors of the water, sand, and umbrella.
3. Theme: Summer
4. When I think of summer I always think of car rides to the beach. I have to admit, the beach is not my favorite location, but the long car ride to the shore with the windows down is something that can’t be beat. The sun peaking through the trees and the salty smell of the ocean coming through the car window is something I find to be so therapeutic. What I like the most about the lighting in this photo is the glare in the bottom left corner. This reminds me of the glare you see on the bottom of your sunglasses.
Photo by Stephen Criscolo
This photo is surreal because of the strange colors and positioning of the light. The woman is standing in a light surrounded by darkness that reminds me of the deep ocean. Though she is firmly on land, the way she is positioned in relation to the sea life above her seems to place her below them in deep water.
Location: I took this photo myself at Diagon Alley, Universal Studios Orlando
This lighting is surreal because it’s unrealistic (Also hello there’s a DRAGON?). There’s yellow lights shining from the windows of Gringotts and there’s almost a cyan or light blue color that’s illuminating the dragon, making it seem even more like a dream than it already appears to be, because also, its a dragon. The very visible difference in the lighting brings to the forefront of my vision the dragon instead of the bank and the surrounding objects.
Source: Me from April 8, 2016 at the New Academics Black Box Theater
Description: This photo is the set from the premiere of Peer Gynt. In the center is an eye-shaped structure that has two spiraling staircases on each side. What this eye represented was the spiral that Peer Gynt’s life is as he both experiences being an outcast and interacting with trolls to being a successful businessman and aging. It goes into the personal infinity of Peer Gynt’s rebelliousness and ambition over personal connection.
- Image came from Pinterest https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/31/2e/e4/312ee470adbbe8014f369e1fc7714349.jpg
- This lighting is surreal because it washes the woman in the unnatural colors of cyan and red. The majority of her hair and body is lit up red, making her look suspicious, sexy, and dangerous. The cyan light adds a mysterious, isolating feeling and looks like a cold shiver all the way up the side of her body and on her face. Overall, the lighting leaves the woman’s personality and emotion a mystery, but it certainly makes her seem bold and important.
2. www. nyfa.edu
4.I picked this photo to fit the theme of surreal because it is unusual and is a bizarre twist on a seemingly normal picture of jellyfish. This photo spoke to me most because it reminded me of a trip I took to the aquarium in South Carolina. When I was 14 I took a bunch of pictures of the different kinds of jellyfish and each tank was lit completely different from each other. the lighting of this particular jellyfish species reminded me of how these jellyfish were lit at the aquarium; with faint blue light that makes it seem like they’re electrified and if you touch them you’ll get shocked. What makes this photo surreal is the fact that there is a woman in a dress whose legs have turned into the tentacles of a jellyfish.
- This picture caught my attention because it is surreal to me that a women would be using a dog as perfume. Also the size of the dog also seems to be unusually small. I like how it looks like the spray coming out from the dog is a light source hitting her cheek. There is also light hitting her neck, shoulder, and knuckles but to me there seems to be an emphasis on her chin.