- Found on Flickr, taken by Sam Wigginton, “Busan Dark Alleyway”; https://www.flickr.com/photos/28289918@N06/3518853288
- Theme: Mysterious
- When I think of mysterious I think of shadows, concealment, and secrets; a mystery is unknown, what’s being kept hidden. This picture embodies the theme for me because of the how the lighting causes the shadows to fall on the ground and off of the walls; it feels foreboding and as if there is more there than meets the eye. The darkness is compelling, and the single light source illuminates only so much, telling the viewer that there’s more there than meets the eye, but you have to solve the mystery to find out what more there is.
2/15/2017 8:00 PM Outside the Netherlands
It was dark out and the lamps outside the Netherlands cast light on the ground in strips, rather than fully coloring the ground. Underneath each light, there were strips of dark and light surrounding the pole of the light.
Though it was night, there were several suns painted on the floor along with my walk home. Their rays lit the walkway and the path was transformed from the dreary cold night to my own personal suns. Torn between suns and yellow daisies the image of the night became rather cheerful regardless of the black sky.
Photo by NinoBeg via Wikimedia Commons
The nightlife is alien. A separate world from the one that I exist in which there are no rules and the mere energy of the room is intoxicating. This photo conveys that wild feeling I associate with nightlife and the overwhelming use of green transports me from my world into an entirely different place.
16th of February, 10:00pm , Enterprise 13th floor lounge.
Objective description: the dim lights from the night outside dimly cast across the walls through large windows.
Subjective description: Imposing black shadows stretch across the walls of the room, crating a cell around me, trapping me in the dimly lit room. The only light in my shadowy cell is faint and tinged with red, giving no comfort to cling to in my haunting cage.
Taken by me, December 30th 2016, a night club in London…
Theme: Night life
Laser beams shoot out across the room, cutting through the darkness and stirring the excitement into the air. Vibrant colours reel through the beam creating hypnotic patterns as mist swirls though the beam, giving the light life as if its dancing with the crowd below.
- February 16 at 3:00 in a classroom in the basement of Breslin Hall.
- Bright fluorescent ceiling lights were the only source of light in the classroom; there were no windows for natural light.
- The artificial blueish white light shone harshly on the sleepy, bored students. In the dark concrete abyss that is that basement of Breslin Hall, the forceful lights made it look and feel like a prison cell—like we were trapped and time was passing slower and slower each minute.
2. This photo came from the blog of Dr. Guy C. Clark, a dentist in Albuquerque. http://clarkdds.com/blog/?p=126
3. Night Life
4. Only a dark and mysterious silhouette of the two owls can be made out in front of a dark, dull gray-blue sky. The flash of the camera reflects a bright red, menacing glare from their eyes, giving a sense of uneasiness to an otherwise tranquil scene and sending chills up one’s spine. The owls stare, unmoving; they aren’t threatened by anyone or anything, because once the sun sets, the woods belong to them.