- Wednesday, 3/8, 6:28 PM; Marriot Hotel in St. Louis
- Green lighting on a building across the street.
- I was sitting in the hotel room, waiting to head over for the opening of the USITT Conference, when I looked out the window to see a bright green light. It was pointed from the ground up the face of the building, making the Romanesque architecture stand out even more. It gave the columns long shadows that stretched up the front of the building making them appear larger and more ominous. The color of the light was very striking, as bright green is not a light color that is normally found in nature. I watched the light up until we had to leave and head over to the expo hall and it made me feel excited for all of the incredible theatrical technology I was about to discover.
- This was taken on my phone by my friend Hannah.
- Theme: Happy
- This is yet another picture from my trip to Israel. This was on the beach in Tel Aviv and to me, this is the epitome of happiness with the bright colors and the sun, sand, and sea. The bright blue of the sky plus the yellow on the chairs and the greens and pinks of my bathing suit give a bright and happy mood to this photo. It was also a very funny moment because we realized that the chairs had the same symbol (Chai, meaning “life”) on them that I have on the back of my neck. Tel Aviv was our last stop on the trip, so at this point we had all gotten to be very close, and it was both happy and sad to be there as we knew the trip was soon coming to a close. Regardless, we all got into our bathing suits and played in the warm ocean for several hours and had a blast.
Source: No Camels Israeli Innovation News, March 20, 2015 (http://nocamels.com/2015/03/international-day-of-happiness-top-israeli-studies-what-makes-us-happy/)
Description: In this photo, there are 9 black silhouettes, 7 of them children, 1 dog, and 1 cat. They are set against a backdrop that shows an azure sky and a golden sun setting. The clouds soak up the light, turning into colors from lavender gold to crimson. Below is a body of water, reflecting the image above and forming a horizon.
To me, the reason why the people and pets are black silhouettes is to insinuate that this is a happy and joyful place. This also is the end of a terrific day for the kids and animals. To me, this is an image that displays what colors make me happy.