- Wednesday, February 8th, 2012. 8:15AM, The Shower
- I was in the shower, getting ready for my FAVORITE class (Stage Lighting) when I noticed that I had left the door to the bathroom open. After I finished my shower, I had soap in my eyes so I naturally reached for the towel outside the shower. Sadly, I forgot a towel. I tried to open my eyes to be able to see if there was something to rub the soap out of my eyes with. Nothing but the shower curtain, I started to gently push the soap away around my eyes. As I opened my eyes, I noticed the shower curtain was set perfectly in the middle of the stall. The natural morning light stretched all the way to the bathroom, which I was not accustomed to. The light bent around the curtain, filling the shower stall with light and making the shower curtain look like a bridge.
- The only way natural light can hit our bathroom is by leaving the bathroom door open in the morning and the window shades are up (which after last week’s incident, rarely happens). After forgetting to close the shades, bathroom door, and my towel, I was able to see a beautiful and rare light. The light flooded the sides of the shower curtain, creating a marvelous shape. It seemed as though the light blinded me on both sides so the shower curtain looked like a dark, mysterious bridge. I felt confused and a little dazed. The bridge was there to cross the pool of light. My shock slowly subsided and I gathered myself and exited the shower stall. As soon as I exited, the light from the window flowed straight into my eyes, blinding me temporarily. It reminded me of a strike of lighting, maybe not the color, but the feelings associated with it. I felt vulnerable (I was in the shower), confused, and blinded. Blinded to greed, ignorance, lust, and stress, if only for a moment. Most importantly I was blinded from my towel.
1) Monday, Bathroom in Davison, 8:30 PM
2) Lamppost diffused through window
3) So you know how a bathroom window is frosted so you cant see through it?
Kinda like this
I was in the bathroom at night and I looked out the window and noticed that I could see the orange glow of a lamp post through the window. It was diffused by the window and was just an orange sphere. As you looked away from the source, the light changed from a royal blue to navy and then to black around the edges of the window. The window reminded me of a warm summer night outside and created a soothing relaxed feeling despite the bad smell of the bathroom.