- I found this online and this picture fit the theme because to me dolls are spooky and the fact that she is crying is scary. She looks lonely on a chair and the light is coming from one direction from the middle left and it is the only light source. What makes the light source eerie is that it is a spot light only on the doll and then it fades into darkness. Also the shadow produced by the chair is creepy when you observe it because if we couldn’t see the doll you wouldn’t be able to tell what was on the chair or if the shadow was even a chair.
4. The lighting in this photo, or lack thereof, gives a mysterious feeling to the photo. A specific image comes into my mind when I hear the word “mysterious”. It is the image of a room lit only by a single light, leaving the rest of the contents of the room unrevealed. The unknown in this photo is what I think gives the photo a mysterious feeling. The only light in the room is coming from the door. This light is minimal and partially blocked by the person standing in the door. The back lighting on the person turns them into a shadowy figure instead of lighting their features. This photo fits the theme of mystery because of the small sliver of lighting in the room leaves the rooms content and the person standing in the doorway a mystery.
2. This photo came from the blog of Dr. Guy C. Clark, a dentist in Albuquerque. http://clarkdds.com/blog/?p=126
3. Night Life
4. Only a dark and mysterious silhouette of the two owls can be made out in front of a dark, dull gray-blue sky. The flash of the camera reflects a bright red, menacing glare from their eyes, giving a sense of uneasiness to an otherwise tranquil scene and sending chills up one’s spine. The owls stare, unmoving; they aren’t threatened by anyone or anything, because once the sun sets, the woods belong to them.
1) DATE-TIME-LOCATION: Feb 5th, 5pm, walking home from class.
2) OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: The sun was beginning to set.
3) SUBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: The sun has begun its decent. Soon there will be nothing but darkness to surround me. The heat is leaving and the cold is sneaking up on me. As blue fades to red and red fades to black I pull my jacket a little tighter around me, I walk a little faster. Each color seems to chase the previous color out of the sky, making way for a new show of brilliance. The colors have begun to mix, mixing so much I can no longer tell where one color ends and the other begins. The sky is on fire.
- Time/Location: February 1, 2017, 5:20 pm at the Hofstra Fitness Center
- Objective: As the sun was almost down and becoming a black violet, a streak of Indian red could be seen brushing across the sky.
- Subjective: To me, this particular sunset represents the ending of a life. When I was looking at this sunset, I was thinking about my senior film I would be shooting involves themes of mortality and regret. The streak in the sky almost attempts to break through the night, wanting to continue living on. However, it is clear that night will come and blot out the leak that has appeared. In this sunset, this crack in the night represented the resistance to the end of February 1, 2017.
I got this photo from Jaclyn Marie Photography’s blog. (https://jaclynmariephoto.wordpress.com/design-work/)
The theme is Advertisement Model/Desire.
The lighting is mysterious and makes the picture interesting . The figure is lit to emphasis her fabulous arched back position that is elegant like a bird. The light encourages the viewer to appreciate the dancer’s form with its bright and intense limited use of light. The light calls attention to this dancer like they are the star in the night sky. The lighting only shows certain body parts of the dancer; it is selective in its focus. This select focus makes the star image even greater. “Don’t you want to be a star” the lighting and photo call out to the spectator. Thus, the desire in this advertisement is establish through its lighting of a model.
I took this photo.
The theme is gentle.
This photo’s light falls into this theme since the lighting is not harsh and glaring. It does not hide the details of the photo’s subjects with huge splotches of light but rather has a gentle light that is fairly even in its beam-spread. The lighting is soft with a dim feeling or low intensity. This lighting is gentle just like how a soft whisper might be seen as gentle in terms of sound. It catches the details and illuminates them with a surrounding glow. The lighting is friendly with its distribution of being about the subjects. It is like a gentle hug one might give at a funeral. Even the shadows are faint and soft in this gentle light.
1. October 23rd at 6:30 at Hauppauge High School’s football field
2. Bight colorful explosions in a pitch black sky.
3. Every year, I attend the homecoming game at my old high school. At the close of the game the sky is illuminated with the most spectacular fireworks display you will ever see. The dark sky explodes into a mural of bright, stunning colors. Vibrant whites, exploding reds, lavish golds, and deep blues stream across the sky and paint the darkness with vivacious hues. The alluring display dazzles me and revives my sense of Hauppauge pride. It is these lively pyrotechnics that will always draw me back to every homecoming game at Hauppauge High School.
4. The world is full of many inspirations, but nothing compares to the twinkling of the night sky. Most people can spend hours stargazing and making wishes upon the bright, dazzling stars. The stars watch over us at such an incredible height with their white lights cascading over the earth, bringing light to the dark sky. The stars surround the equally beautiful moon that reflects the light from the sun. The moon and the stars are a wonderful contrast to the dark sky by illuminating the night with their intense white light. Their vibrant glow lights the way for us to follow our dreams.
4. On a dark night, a lone soul walks along a black and empty footpath. The only light provided is a dull, white light emitted from the street lamps surrounding the dusky pathway. The lampposts do a poor job illuminating this vacant area, giving it an uninviting atmosphere. Silhouettes of trees and bushes rise along the walkway. This wanderer strolls through a vast area of darkness alone, with nothing but his shadow beside him.