- Date: 3/29/18, Time: about 5:50 pm, Location: Bridge near Netherlands dorms
- The lights that align the bridge create a pathway back to the safety of the parked cars below.
- I walk along a winding road, as I often do at the end of the day. There is still light outside, but the clouds make it dark enough to see the inner bridge’s lights shine a bit brighter. Each light acts as a spotlight of its own, pouring down a small pool of light on anyone beneath it.
- Tuesday, March 21st, 11:30 pm, in the front seat of the car with m friends back in the Bronx.
- The bottom of the dashboard in the front seat of the car there were these blue LED lights attached to the car. The lights also came from near the bottom of the back doors in the back seat.
- I was cruising in the car with my friends after seeing a movie with them and while we were driving, my friend who was the driver put on these lights that lit up the car. It was a dim blue color that illuminated the car like a club. It was coming from the bottom so it also looked like a moment when you tell a story and turn on a flash light at the bottom of your face.
When: 3/2 Time: 11:00 Location: My room
Objective Description: Looking outside my window at night I see the headlights of planes in the sky as they descend to the airport.
Subjective Description: From my building i can see many planes land at night. When I cant sleep at night, I open my blinds and just watch the line of planes land. The headlights in the sky have a pattern and constantly go in the same path. These little moving lights create this calming and relaxing feeling that helps me fall asleep. The headlights of these planes remind me of moving lights in theater because of the ability to move and shine so brightly.
Photo Cred: Me
Description: This is a picture I took at an Imagine Dragons concert. This was the finale of the show and there were many lights flashing all over the place in many different colors. There were also these giant colorful balloons being passed around the stadium. I chose this picture because when I think of fun I think of lots of color and of a lot of things going on and this picture encompasses all of that.
- 2/16/2016, 12:37 am, Academic Side of Campus Quad
- Objective: Campus lamps lighting the south side of campus through the fog
- Subjective: The fog was not too thick so you could still see the lights, but they appeared to be covered by the thin layer of fog. It created an eery feel on the campus but also an intriguing one. Even though it appeared as a place you would want to leave you also wanted to stay and witness the beauty that came with it.
February 11th, 10:30pm, Location: LIE
Objective Description: driving home from Hofstra and seeing the bring stars, car lights and street lights light up the roads was truly a remarkable site.
Subjectice Description: As I was driving home after rehearsal, I was on the LIE and couldn’t help but recognize the stars and few car lights on the road. It is amazing how these stars can light up a whole sky. The reflection of the lights hitting off the snow on the road made the snow look magical and cloudlike. Even though the night was freezing, the night sky and car lights guided me home and made my drive relaxing
Time: 6:12 pm
Location: Radio City Music Hall
Objective Description: Driving into the city, various lights can be seen through the car window. Headlights, taillights, street lamps, traffic lights, bicycle lights, marquee lights, billboard lights, and store display lights all seem to flood any and every section of the city. However, once we approached Radio City Music Hall, the bright glow of the Christmas lights covering the trees next to the magnificently lit water fountain held my attention. We first passed by the same exact type of tree covered in red which gave me a really uneasy feeling. Then, however, we reached the the section of trees with the traditional white lights and the effect was more calming. The source of light was simply the Christmas stringlights and the lit water fountain.
Subjective: The massive concrete buildings reaching into the dark nigh sky glowed warm with an inviting white tint. The soft beams bouncing off of the pavement revealed a welcoming glimmer from the amiable stings of white lights hugging the trunks and branches of each proud tree. A collection of trees dressed eloquently as if a masquerade was to prompt each tree to dance. Extreme joy and excitement filled the air as the glamorous glow from each individual adorned with the sparkling strings of light gently greeted each guest. Flashes could be seen by spectators anxious to take pictures with the famous trees. A pool of light blue, shimmering water danced triumphantly as fountains of white light and foaming blues took center-stage, adjacent to its charismatic friends. The party of the century.
2) Photo credit to Hyacinth Millington (my mom)
3) Theme: Night life
4) This photo is a picture of Times Square around 10pm on a summer night. My mom took this picture on our trip to NY when I was looking for schools to attend for college. The picture itself is full of life from the various colors of all of the lights to the ridiculous amount of people that are shuffling through the streets. This photo fits the theme because it clearly shows nightlife.
1. 4/22/14 at around 11:30 at my friend Anthony’s house.
2. Christmas lights hung around his pitch black room. One strand is colored. The other sides of his room are completely dark.
3. Recently my friend moved into a new place that has quite a few problems. One of them being that most of the light blubs were burnt out. Because of this, his room gets shrouded in darkness at night. To eliminate some of the darkness, he uses two long strands of Christmas lights. Two sides of the room is illuminated with a row of colored lights that leave small traces of color on the wall. They leave the wall lit with faint reds, bright yellows, rich greens, brilliant blues, and soft pinks. They occasionally flicker leaving a small portion of the wall in darkness. However, these dimmed lights strikingly light up half of his room very well. These shining lights are a beauty to look at, with their faint twinkle that brighten the black of the night. We almost don’t want regular lights in his room.
4. Theatre has always been amusing to me. The one element in theatre that always makes me think is the lighting design. Why is the designer doing this? That’s the question I ask regarding this picture. Why would four sharply lit spotlights be lit and positioned this way? Regardless of the reason, it is wonderful to look at. The sharply lit red overlaps the piercing orange and the radiant green. Completing the design is the faint blue, overlapping the orange and green. The small overlapped parts create four odd white colors that lay in between the shining colors aside them leaving this ascetically pleasing display of lights. This set-up of lights isn’t normally used but it make you wonder why it would be. Despite it’s abnormality, it is still a wonder to look at.