This is a fall Sunset on Venus.
Fall sunsets are purple and orange. I did my best to create the moment just before dusk on a fall sunset. Venus itself is a bright fiery orange and therefore I chose a gel that was especially saturdated to dramatize the presence of orange on the stage to signify Venus.
- Strip Lights (Top): AP3550 (25%), AP2190 (75%), AP1900 (25%) AP1900 (25%)
- Strip Lights (Bottom): AP3150 (75%), AP3800 (Full), AP3150 (25%), AP3800 (Full)
- SR Side AP1800 (75%) 37 Degrees Elevation, 56 Degrees Side
- NC (50%), 54 Degree Elevation, Front Light,
- AP3800 (Full) 54 Degree Elevation, Direct Back light
- AP3800 (Full) 37 Degree Elevation, 56 Degree Back Angle,
- AP3800 (Full) 0 Degree Elevation, 56 Degree Back Angle
This is Spring Sunrise in New England on Earth.
Spring sunrise’s in New Egland are filled with a mixture of warmth from the sun, and brisk cold air from the night. As the sun rises shades of blue and yellow slowly fade through the trees. I tries my best to capture that image in my design by using a combination of light yellows and blues.
- Strip Lights (Top): 4 G780 (25%)
- Strip Lights (Bottom): 4 G420 (Full)
- G450 (50%) 29 Degree Elevation, 37 Degree Side Angle SL
- G342 (75%) 35 Degree Elevation, Front Light Light,
- G770 (Full) 37 Degree Elevation, 56 Degree Back Angle SR
This is Noon on a Hot Summer Day on Mars
Mars is known for it’s shade of red. Hot summer’s days often have a strong source of light from the sun. I went with the idea that the sun was red on mars, creating this strength of light and temperature on the stage.
- Strip Lights (Top): 4 G250 ( 2 Full, 2 50%)
- Strip Lights (Bottom): 4 G480 (25%)
- G435 29 (75%) Degree Elevation, 37 Degree Side SL
- AP8350 (75%) 54 Degree Elevation, Front Light
- AP8350 (75%) 37 Degree Elevation, 56 Degree Side Light SR
This is a Winter Afternoon on Saturn.
Winter afternoons are dark and gray. The light is stark and plain. Saturn is the same except for the ring of pruple circling the planet reflecting it’s beauty onto the surface of the planet. I used this theory to mix both winter and saturn to create my design.
- Strip Lights (Top): 4 L725 (Full)
- Strip Lights (Bottom ): 4 L701 (25%)
- RE061 (Full) 54 Degree Elevation, Front Light
- RE200 (75%) 43 Degree Elevation, Side Light SL