- Sunday 12:50pm in my dorm room.
- I used my desk lamp to help dry the hot glue on my drama 78 sculpture project faster.
- The bright powerful yellow light served a different purpose for me today. Today light not only lit the world around me, it helped me finish a project that I needed to get done and done fast. I felt great appreciation for light today. Thank you lamp. As Brick from Anchorman would say, “I love lamp”.
4. When I think of summer I think of summer nights. When I think of summer nights, I think of either county fair rides or fireflies. Every summer I spend hours catching these beautiful and curious bug in mason jars and staring at their awesomeness. What’s the secret? I’ve always wondered how they create the light. It amazes me.
- Thursday 4:30pm in my dorm room.
- My roommate and I were sitting around relaxing in our room and our suite mate told us it was raining heavily outside. When I pulled the shades to look outside a flash of lightning zipped across the sky.
- The first thing I saw as I pulled the shades of the dirty window in my dorm room was a bright quick beam of bluish white light. at first it startled me because I had just pulled the old dusty shades up to the top of the window to see the rain as it flashed across the gray and drab background of the sky.
2. www. nyfa.edu
4.I picked this photo to fit the theme of surreal because it is unusual and is a bizarre twist on a seemingly normal picture of jellyfish. This photo spoke to me most because it reminded me of a trip I took to the aquarium in South Carolina. When I was 14 I took a bunch of pictures of the different kinds of jellyfish and each tank was lit completely different from each other. the lighting of this particular jellyfish species reminded me of how these jellyfish were lit at the aquarium; with faint blue light that makes it seem like they’re electrified and if you touch them you’ll get shocked. What makes this photo surreal is the fact that there is a woman in a dress whose legs have turned into the tentacles of a jellyfish.
- 11:30pm Monday night in the lounge of my suite.
- The light from my green and blue lava lamp that also doubles as a speaker was still on. I was staring at it from my bed because I had forgotten to turn it off and shut the door to my room.
- As the green globs of goo floated around in the electric blue liquid of my lava lamp, it brought me back to a better time in my life. As a kid I had one just like it and they always brought me solace and peace. they had calming therapeutic powers to me. It brought back happy memories of my listening to blink-182 CDs in my room with my lava lamp on. As the nostalgia built up i walked over to the lamp, smiled, and turned it off.
4. Owls are spooky creatures. They hunt their prey at night, they can rotate their head 180 degrees, and they’re silent when in flight. what makes this photo spooky, however, isn’t the owl itself. the way the owl is lit is very eerie. Its lit from behind with a faint white light from the moon. You can tell its an owl only from its silhouette. The light doesn’t show any of its gorgeous features only the dark mysterious body of this spooky creature.
- Wednesday at 9:40 in Bits.
- The morning sunlight was shining through the glass windows and through the ice that was frozen on to the windows in Bits and Bites.
- The bright and beautiful sunlight shined down on to the glistening ice that was glued to the glass windows of bits and bites. As it twinkled above my head, it reminded me that I was safe and warm behind the walls of the building. It filled me with delight and happiness.
3. Single subject single light source
4. On this day, my precious little bundle of joy climbed his first tree. Gary is my favorite cat and I picked this particular photo because of the way the sunlight hits the back side of the Gary and his tree at a steep angle.
- Daily Mail
- Chinese lanterns are always lit during festivals in China. They represent peace and prosperity. When they are released into the sky they create a beautiful spectacle of dim and calm light that evokes a feeling of joy in everyone around. The warm and welcoming light creates the overall feeling of positivity and happiness to all who see.
- Wednesday in my dorm room at 1:45am.
- My roommate spent the night working on an essay and had the bright fluorescent light from her desk on and I couldn’t sleep for the 5th night of that week.
- The light was white, bright, harsh, and annoying. I was irritated because not only was it 2am on a Wednesday, but this was the 5th night that week she had kept me up with her shenanigans. If this how the rest of the semester will go, I think I will die.