- 12:15am, my suite
- The blinds were open and the light was shining in from the parking lot. It was a relaxing sort of orange light that was shining of my roommates side of the room. It was very pretty, to be honest.
- The light was really warm, despite the rest of the room being pitch black, that one square of orange light made the night seem much less cold and frigid. It made me feel safe.
Date: 1/30/2016 Time: 8:42 p.m. Location: Constitution parking lot
Objective Description: The sun has already gone down and it was dark out. The parking lot was illuminated solely by the the orangey street lights. The light I was standing under is broken and flickering randomly.
Subjective Description: Being alone in a parking lot is kind of sketchy to begin with, but as I was approaching the flickering light, my feelings began to intensify. The dark night mixed with the unpredictability of the street light made me anxious and a little fearful. Having light in the dark makes me feel safe and relying entirely on the street light to keep me safe (so to speak) was terrifying, especially because it was so unreliable. The lighting gave off an ere vibe, similar to that of a horror movie. That association is why the lighting affected my emotions so strongly.
1. 21:40 PM, January 28th 2014. The parking lot, North Campus, Hofstra University.
2. Streetlight in the parking lot.
3. As I walked through the parking lot in the middle of the night carrying my things from my old room to the new one, my face and ears hurt from the cold air. Everything around me including my blue suitcase looked colorless and yellowish like in the tunnels because of the orange streetlight filling up the whole parking lot. The sight was reminiscent of the cold winter in the airports in Europe and reminded me of the childhood with the nostalgia of traveling and being away from home.
1) April 16, 2013, 10:30pm, Roosevelt Field Mall parking lot
2) The light from the streetlamp in the parking lot was glaring on top of my car. There was a huge glare on top of the hood of the car.
3) As I walked out of the mall, I noticed a shadow of light gleaming from the streetlamp. Once I got closer to my car, the spot on the hood of my car got larger and larger. From a distance, my car had a shining look to it and was very noticeable in the parking lot because of the way the light from the streetlamp was shining on it. It was a welcoming feeling that I felt.