- Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 10 near Enterprise.
- On the side walk there was a little clear puddle on the floor like a mirror and in the middle there was a flash bright zig zag white purple line which was lighting.
- I was walking to one of my classes and it was raining. I looked down and there as a bunch of puddles around me. One in particular caught my eye because it was like a flash of purple light for a quick second. Even though it was for a few seconds it was enough time to observe the detail of the light. It was a crooked, bent, curved line. What really made the shape stand out was the color of white and purple. I thought it was really pretty and interesting to see an exotic light coming from the sky. For a moment I was shook because I was viewing this through a puddle and still got to see detail as if I was looking up into the sky.
- 3/30/17, 10:30 pm, Unispan
- Cars are passing underneath the unispan with their headlights on. It is raining and the light is shining on the raindrops.
- As I walk up the Unispan on my way home, I realize that it had rained while I was in rehearsal. The raindrops had clung onto the glass of the unispan, slowly making their way down to the bottom of the glass windows. The light coming from cars passing underneath illuminates the darkness outside of the unispan. This same light is caught for a moment on each raindrop,causing a faint sparkle, but vanishes quickly along with its source. It reminds me of how I used to fall asleep back home by listening to the sound of passing cars and watching as the light passes through my window. This simple scene creates a sense of familiarity and comfort.
- Location: Acid Fields, March 29, 2017 at 1:30.
- Objective: The fields are covered by mist with rain falling down. Threatening grey clouds cover the sky, bringing an anger down towards the ground.
- Subjective: This is a haunting apocalyptic look that our environment has been showing in recent years. There is a madness that can be felt throughout as the rain falls. Maybe it the madness is only scary. Or maybe the craziness hides a bloodthirsty hunger.
1) DATE-TIME-LOCATION: Wednesday February 25th, 2016 – 12:50pm
2) OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: The sky had suddenly opened up without my knowledge, and something about the sun shining down from the near-middle of the sky at noon-ish, while it poured, made the scene look dramatically different than what it looked like as I walked into the reading, what I expected it to still look like outside.
3) SUBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: Everything shimmered from the sunlight, having already diffused through the clouds on its way straight down, further refracted through all of the water falling through the air, which seemed to bathe everything in a deep blue tint. Something about the atmosphere was a bit whimsical, instead of being the typical depressing look of rain – being so dramatic it was as though it were a caricature of what a rain storm would look like, something I did not at all expect in February.
Time: 7:53 pm
Location: Outside of Constitution Hall
Objective Description: It had already been a dark day, however, it was completely dark by now but a sparkle from the ground could still be seen. The lamp posts lighting the pathway towards the tower dorms created a reflection on the ground yellow with warmth in an otherwise cold and dark day.
Subjective Descripton: Dark, looming clouds ever present throughout the day had finally overcome the night. A desolate cold nothingness filled the void that was the day. A light at the end of the tunnel, a twinkle sparked across the cold, wet pavement denied of any warmth. But where life seemed void, light recessitated the night. It was that sparkle of brightness that paved the way towards a dry and safe shelter.
1) DATE: February 4th TIME: 10:00 LOCATION: Walking from Lowe to my Dorm
2) OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: Walking home the mixture of the lamps on the walkways and the rain created beautiful images.
3) SUBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: When walking home from rehearsal, There was rain falling and the glimmer of the rain and the water made these amazing images that made me realize how lucky i am to live on this beautiful campus. This calmed me down and made me think back to a great rehearsal i had. The mixture of the rain and water would make little blurs in my vision which made some reflections look like balls of light.
1) 4/30/14 8:59 waiting for class to begin.
2) The light against the water droplets on the window in class.
3) The barely visible light coming from the clouds just barely made it into the room, shining through the window, but not before hitting the droplets of water on the window. It was really cool to see each individual droplet shining differently. I noticed how the light gave the droplets dimension and made it easier to see the form of each individual droplet.
- 9:00 PM March 19th, 2013 – Room 314A Hague
- The orange-amber street line is shining through the raindrops on my window.
- As I laid down to take a quick nap before studying I looked at my closet door. A big orange square of light was there. The light was textured from the raindrops against the window. I laid there listening to Bon Iver watching the rain drops trickle down the window pane. Their shadows looked like shooting stars moving in slow motion. The way each drop wriggled it’s way down the window, the shadows left a long dark path behind them on my closet door. The square became distorted. It was in a constant state of melting away. The rain created a moving gobo for the light from the street lamp. As the box melted and the music played I fell into a melancholy daze. I began to doze off, the moving lights working as a visual metaphor to the uneasy changes my future faces.
2) This photo was taken by flickr user Cilest on November 27th, 2004. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cilest/1731192/
3) Theme: Night Life
4) At first, it seemed that a picture of night life should represent the partying that happens at night- bright lights, colors, and lots of motion. To me, this is a more everyday night life. The city is always alive at night, but not every day is the day you go out to party with friends. The lights in this picture show the feeling of being alive and awake late at night, on a typical day. The way the light disperses off the sign on the building makes the light feel more subdued. It is sleepy and not overly energetic, but it is still alive and shining. This feeling continues into the way the lights are reflected in the rainy street. Night life, every day night life, is tired, but still bright, and there is something so comforting but exciting about that.
1) 4/26/12 – 12:34 – Walking from Lowe to Netherlands. Just outside of Bits under the trees.
2) OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: I was walking to my room from Lowe one night recently. It was pouring rain and the trees were dripping wet. I looked up at the tree above me and there weren’t that many leaves on the tree. The light was shining through each droplet and being magnified off of each branch.
3) SUBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION: I was wondering back to my room after rehearsal one night. Unfortunately it began to rain heavily just before I started walking home and had to simply accept that I was going to be getting soaked. I strolled down the sidewalk outside of bits and looked up at one of the trees outside of memorial. The leaves were just beginning to pop out of their buds on the branches of the tree and the branches were still somewhat naked. The water began to collect on the bottom of al of the little branches and the wood on the tree was soaked to an extremely dark brown. The sky was somewhat of a glowing gray due to all of the reflection from the city lights down below. As I studied the tree branches I began to notice the droplets almost seemed to be capturing all of the ambient light that was surrounding me.
The safety lights that were shining from the top of Hauser Hall were casting down and each water droplet was acting as a tiny magnifying glass for the light. The tree actually reminded me of seeing a tree near christmas being illuminated with decorative lights. Each droplet acted as its own naturally occurring christmas light. Because the water was continuing to fall as I studied the tree, the lights seemed to twinkle as they fell. Studying each branch up close, I could see a repeated bugs eye view of the surrounding area in each droplet. When I took a step out of the moment and looked at the tree as a whole it was a beautiful glowing gold color that was absolutely gorgeous. What truly struck me about this moment walking home is that I could actually see that there was a moment where natural and organic elements such as rain, and a bear naked tree combined together in such a way that made the natural and organic look man made and flashy.