I took this photo myself on the way back to campus as my dad and I were crossing the Verrazano-Narrows bridge. It felt very mysterious to me because of the fact that the road seems to have no end because of the fog, and you can barely see the top of the bridge. This was the first time it was ever this foggy, so it gave me a really uneasy feeling until we made it to the other side of the bridge.
- 4/12/2016, 2:40pm, My dorm room
- Objective: Light coming in from the window ass well as the light supplied by the 5-bulb lamp in my room
- Subjective: The feel of the lighting is warm and calm but also mixed with a tinge of dullness. The warm light is coming from the lamp where it gives off a yellow/amber color that gives the room a warm feeling. The light from outside is much more dull because of the rain that happened earlier. It’s still quite cloudy outside so the light is more gray with small streaks of white light.
1. April 30th, 2:15 pm, Calkins Hall
2. It is raining outside and it is very cloudy and grey out.
3. As I stand at the door of Calkins hall beneath the overhang, I mentally prepare myself for going into the rain. The grey clouds hang low in the sky unleashing their burdens on Hofstra’s campus. Everything is a bleak and dreary and it’s difficult to motivate myself to step out into the rain.