- I choose this picture from my phone and it was taken when me and my little sister were at the beach in Rye Playland around August.
- When I think of summer I absolutely think of the beach, mostly because it is my favorite place. Besides the fact I love the beach I choose this picture for other reasons. You can see where the sun is coming from on the right side of the picture because how bright my face is and how much darker my sister’s body is because she is turned away from the light. I can tell the time this photo was taken because of the direction of the sun. When the sun was on the left it was morning and as the day got later it shifted to the right. Considering the sun is on the right side it was most likely late afternoon around 3 or 4. I also love on the the sun makes a reflection os me and my sister in the wet sand. This photo also reminds me of when I would sit by the shore line and admire the rocks and when the sun shine hit the rocks it would shine brightly like crystals. The shinning rocks would be my favorite lighting moment in the summer.
- A tropical island is my happy place reasons why I choose this for the theme. I love how blue the water is and you can see its clear as you can see the sand. The blue water and green trees to me go together. Blue and green are two colors that set well. The sun shining in the middle top makes me feel warm, my favorite season is summer. I like how the sun rays is reflecting off the trees a bit making the green fade into a yellow. I admire the green, blue, and yellow because it relaxes me and reminds me of vacation and that makes me happy.
22 Feb. 2016 – 1:19pm – 2nd story Breslin Hall
The sun shines through a dirty window and also appears to reflect off of the bricks on the exterior of the building some. This shines a textured and patterned light on the interior wall and some grey doors of Breslin Hall. On the slightly peach-colored, off-white wall, the light looks cream, and, on the grey doors, the light looks light greenish with some blue in it.
The lighting is rough and intriguing. It displays a gobo-like pattern on an ordinary surrounding; thus, making the setting endowed with a theatrical magic. No longer are the objects just a wall and some doors; they are gritty like sand and mysterious like ocean waves with splashes of whitish foam and deeper colors. The lighting harkens to the beach with its reflected greenish and cream colors. The wall and doors are foreign objects in a bland classroom building setting with this lighting softly expanding across it. A breath filled with the smell of the ocean and dampness of water can be felt and imagined through this lighting. The lighting is transporting, alluring to the eye, and soothing with its gentle contrast between the light and shapes created by its false gobo.
The lighting theme is hot.
Orange, red, and yellow may be cooler in terms of degrees Kelvin but they are associated with warm things like the sun and fire. The big bright hues of the sky reflect the excessive warmth of the lighting. The sky is on fire, red hot. The golden ball of gaseous matter shines like the largest gem and greatest treasure in the sky and makes the sky its hue. It is yellow and white with a hint of orange like a match flame glowing bright to light a candle. It is thus a mass producer of heat parching the landscape like how a used match is charred. It silhouettes and gives a highlight of red to the things beneath it like what a dreamer might imagine the Martian landscape to look like. This red makes the world seem hot like a laser beam has been pointed at everything. The distribution is wide engulfing the entire sky and majority of the landscape in the warm colors and causing the silhouetting to occur. The light source glows with warmth, and the lighting is as hot as a bright red pepper tastes as a consequence.
4. The sun is shining down on a couple that casts long shadows on to the sandy shore. The contrast of the dark silhouettes pops against the pale blue ocean. The light sand brings out the shadows giving them a deep focus. The two young people are shrouded in darkness. Despite the lack of detail, the characteristics of color and their surroundings make it apparent of their love for each other.
4. It is the crack of dawn on a desolate beach, and the sun has begun to light up the deep blue sky. Shining over the horizon, rays of red, orange and yellow cast down upon the hot sand. The beaming sun shines down on two lush trees creating long, dark shadows along the ground. The silhouettes of the trees lie on the seemingly blue sand that hasn’t been fully illuminated by the sun’s inviting rays. The golden light can fool anybody into thinking they are in a dream.