- 3/30/17, 10:30 pm, Unispan
- Cars are passing underneath the unispan with their headlights on. It is raining and the light is shining on the raindrops.
- As I walk up the Unispan on my way home, I realize that it had rained while I was in rehearsal. The raindrops had clung onto the glass of the unispan, slowly making their way down to the bottom of the glass windows. The light coming from cars passing underneath illuminates the darkness outside of the unispan. This same light is caught for a moment on each raindrop,causing a faint sparkle, but vanishes quickly along with its source. It reminds me of how I used to fall asleep back home by listening to the sound of passing cars and watching as the light passes through my window. This simple scene creates a sense of familiarity and comfort.
Photo was taken by me, Jessica Perman
The Unispan at night can be an emotionless and foreboding path. The harsh glares of the ceiling lights with the glares against the wall, dipping in and out. It reminds me of a horror game, where the hallways seem endless and it’s practically abandoned. The dark figure at the end draped in the harsh lighting adds to the foreboding mood of the photo.
Taken by: Katie O’Keefe
This is a photo I took walking across the unispan on Friday night. The contrast of the natural beauty of the sunset with the synthetic light from the headlights and taillights of the cars zipping by on the turnpike below perfectly highlights the things I love about Hofstra, the combination of natural beauty while being just a hop, skip, and a jump from one of the most bustling cities in the world.
- 12:55 PM, February 14th, 2013 Netherlands Unispan
- It is the middle of the day. I am walking back to my dorm for lunch and I’m passing over Hempstead Turnpike using the unison closest to the Netherlands. The unispan’s walls are glass and the sun is completely filling the over pass. The light is a soft amber. The unispans beams and skeleton cast shadows against the floor.
- I feel as though I’m walking on top of a colorless stained glass window. The light is broken up by shadows of angular lines on the floor. When I look across the bridge, I can see a haze of dust slowly moving through the cavern. The way the light hits the haze and casts its warmth against the ground evokes a feeling of calm. It creates a beautiful image and the presence of light is strong and cuts through the glass creating a walkway of enchantment. Although it is the middle of winter, the light feels as though its a beautiful spring day.
1) Tuesday March 22, 4PM, Unispan
2) Evening sunlight reflecting off cars and the unispan
3) When I was walking across the unispan I noticed the sun low in the sky in the late afternoon. It was just beginning to gather shades of orange that are common in sunsets. It reflected off the glass of the unispan and also off the backs of the cars on the road. The light cast thin shadows of our bodies across the floor of the unispan. The sun also cast bright reflections off the backs of the cars. The lighting created a warm, calming mood, similar to a feeling you get on a summer night, lazily relaxing in the warm air.