Fall Sunset in Hawaii
- Backdrop Colors: G990 @ Full, G345 @ 75%, G133 @ 50%
- AP7630 backlight 50% intensity: 37 degree elevation angle, 56 degree back angle, stage right of model
- AP7250 backlight 50% intensity: 37 degree elevation angle, 56 degree back angle, stage left of model
- AP7400 front light 50% intensity: 54 degree elevation, 75% intensity
I chose this inspiration because when I think of Hawaii I think of bright colors and a warm sun, and this image captures exactly that. The purple and the orange are colors you don’t generally see together, however in a sunset they become increasingly more beautiful and compliment each other wonderfully.
Spring Sunrise on Long Island
Backdrop Colors: Bottom: G335 @ 75% and G450 @ 50% Top: G813 @ 100%
- RE022 sidelight 25% intensity: -19 degree elevation, 56 degree side angle, stage right of the model
- RE102 sidelight 75% intensity: 56 degree side angle, 0 degree elevation, stage right of model
- AP2790 sidelight 75% intensity: -23 degree elevation angle, stage right of model
I chose this picture as my inspiration because no matter what time of year it is, sunrise is always the coolest part of the day. The sun just peeking over the water in contrast with the cool blue sky gives it just a little bit of a chilly feeling, but the sunlight is sort of warm and has a home-y feel to it.
Summer Noon in New England
- Backdrop Gels: Top- G740 @100% Bottom- L750 @100%
- R4530 front light @ 75%: 54 degree elevation angle with gobo template
- RE130 side light @ 75%: 21 degree side angle stage right of models, 52 degree elevation angle
- RE130 side light @ 50%: 21 degree side angle stage left of models, 52 degree elevation angle
I chose this photo because summer to me is clear skies and boat rides, and New England is the perfect place to do that. This picture captures the essence of summer in a perfect way. You can tell that its warm, but also breezy. Its very relaxing.
Winter Afternoon in Alaska
- Backdrop gels: Top- G785 @ 100% Bottom- G109 @ 100%
- AP3300 side light @ 50% intensity: 48 degree elevation, 37 degree side angle, stage left of the models
- G360 side light @ 75% intensity: 37 degree elevation, 56 degree side angle, stage left of the models
- AP2310 side light @ 75% intensity: 23 degree elevation, 56 degree side angle, stage left of the models
I chose this picture because Alaska’s afternoons especially in winter, can be very dark. So even though this photo was taken in the afternoon, it looks like its a few mere hours away from dusk. It makes the air feel cold and frigid, unwelcoming almost, and yet it seems to be very playful and enjoyable with how the sun’s rays bounce off the snow.