Thursday 6pm, my dorm.
My dorm room on an overcast late afternoon
The sky is gray but the sun is desperately trying to shine through. With my blinds up my small room is still well lit. Every object has a grayish hue to it. Everything is calm.
I chose this picture because it changes as you look at it. At first the egg looks huge, then the egg is just sitting on top of the roof, and then the egg is hovering over the roof. I also like that this is a real photo that has achieved a surreal vibe without being heavily photoshopped.
- Thursday April 6, in the NAB during focus
- a ghost light nearly blinding me but in a really lovely way.
- I was finally on the deck level of the nab after 2 drama 5 labs on the grid. The ghost light was down center between me an where I needed to look. I was looking over the Ghost light when a light was turned on in the wing. It was like the light in the wing was pointing at the ghost light, highlighting it’s sturdy shape and the culture it represents.
- Thursday Morning in my dorm room.
- Sun light shining under my blinds and hitting my coffee in just the right way.
- I despise mornings, I need an hour and about 4 coffees to really feel human, but I’ve decided I need to wake up earlier. So, Thursday I woke up with enough time to make coffee in my dorm instead of buying on my way to class. My blinds are all the way down but the golden sun light is creeping under the lower edge and landing in a sharp oblong trapezoid shape on my desk. I set down my coffee in the pool of morning sun light and the way the light hit the curve of the cup. It looked so soft and cozy, it was everything that was right about mornings.
- In this grey light I think the reactor looks spooky looming in the dark. There is just a spooky mystery lingering around nuclear things. They just seem dangerous.
- my dorm room, midday Monday
- I had pulled an all nighter Sunday into Monday. I needed some sleep to get me through the day so I laid down in between classes.
- Coffee was brewing just out of sight. The lights were off but the room was still fully lit by the window even with the blinds fully closed. The room is filled with a quiet grey light. I don’t sleep so much as meditate, just laying in the calm cool light. It’s like I was trying to absorb the light as an energy source that coffee and sugar couldn’t fill.
- In front of Hofstra Hall pre dusk, Thursday
- It was a clear warm day, in all honesty the light didn’t change that much but my perception did.
- I walked towards Hofstra hall thinking how nice it was out side. It was unseasonably warm and the day was clear. The sunlight came down gently, then I saw out of the corner of my eye my friend. She Immediately run up to my and started crying. The light and weather seemed all together inappropriate, their should have been gloom and rain. Who gave the world permission to keep spinning in spite of human pain?